.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Demi Lovato's Mom Gets Matching Tattoo

Disney has produced so many teen stars it’s tough to keep tabs on them all; but the one most recently going through the transition from child to adult star, Demi Lovato, is the one grabbing the headlines. Unfortunately, the only reason you grab headlines as a teenage actress is if something horribly wrong has occurred. Such is the celebrity eating machine; you rise, you fall, you’re built back up again.

So when Lovato checked herself into rehab for any number of self-destructive behaviors, we had to hear angry mothers bitch and moan about another role model becoming a bad apple; which is a real problem for parents who are not adequate role models for their children.

The star took to her twitter account (where she does most of her fan communication) to share the news, saying, "My mom's #staystrong tattoo!!! She got one too!!!!!" and "My mom surprised me with it when I was in treatment because that's how all you guys were showing support.. And she wanted to show me how..proud she was of me for getting help and changing my life.. I love her so much."

This story does bring a little bit of brightness to what is typically dark and stormy. Demi got a tattoo which reads “Stay Strong” to remind her of the support she received from her fans, or some such nonsense. In response, her mother got the exact same tattoo in order to support her daughter’s road to recovery. Having that kind of solidarity and goodwill with a parent when you’re going through a tough time is crucial for a kid in her situation, and hopefully this means she’s on her way back to the top of the Disney world - I’m getting tired of Selena Gomez.